Although my composting Red Wrigglers are not technically earthworms, I’m sure the Worm Appreciation Society welcomes worm aficionados of all types, and aficionados of all types of worms, as well. To see the worm series of Thatababy comics from the beginning, check out the Go Comics page starting on April 10th.
As for my own worms, they got a light feeding the past two weeks due to me being out of town for awhile. Here’s the tally for weeks 14 and 15 of The Diet of Worms:
- 3 apple cores
- 2 avocado peels (very tough – these stay in the bin forever)
- 2-1/2 banana peels
- 1 coffee filter with coffee
- 1/4 bunch rotting collard greens
- 1/4 bunch rotting lettuce
- 1 lettuce core
- 1/2 bunch mustard green stems
- 1 bunch parsley stems
- 3/4 bunch strawberry tops
- 1-1/4 bunch miscellaneous vegetable trimmings
Total weight: 2.25 pounds over two weeks
Thanks to Paul Trap for instigating the Worm Appreciation Society!